Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring is Springing

It's April and Spring is springing here in Kiev. Today, walking home from Russian class I noticed people cleaning up flower beds, planting flowers and trees, and beginning to make everything look nice. We've had 3 days in a row now that have been sunny and warm! I had heard that it was cloudy in Kiev all winter long but I didn't realize what that meant until actually living here. It has been shocking to see the sun shining all day long. I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, it's just different than in PA. It might be better now that I think about it. When Spring comes around and the Sun comes into existence again it is really is wonderful.

I say 'springing' because I've also heard that Kiev gets snow in April too. We'll see!

No comments: