Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Yum Yum



Since coming to Ukraine I have become an avid visiter to AllRecipes.com. It's a great website for finding a recipe for anything your little heart desires to cook up! Yesterday I found The Cookie Countdown!! They send you a different cookie recipe every day until Christmas, what a great idea!! So I of course signed up and started off our Cookie Countdown yesterday with a yummy but not so pretty Pumpkin Roll and today Pecan Sandies (made with walnuts since pecans are a special imported delicacy saved for those oh so special pecan pies at Thanksgiving and Christmas). One of my favorite parts of the Cookie Countdown is that you can't peak at what is coming tomorrow! I of course would like to know what the rest of the week holds, but I can't find out until the e-mail arrives in my in box!! I was at first concerned with the thought that I would feel tied into making the cookie recipes I was sent. But I have decided that since I do not have all ingredients readily available to me I can take liberties with the Countdown and switch out recipes I want to make with ones like Peanut Butter Cookies. (Just can't bear at this point to use up my precious peanut butter in a cookie batter!)
Any Christmas favorites you think I should try?

1 comment:

Briana Almengor said...

I'll send you some ingredients that you need. Tell me what you need. They may not arrive until May, but I'll get to it eventually. :)

Let's see...here are some of my favorites: Amish ginger cookies (the recipe Jen C. found one year). I LOVED the homemade chocolate brownies you made one year.
My kids love making plain old sugar cutout cookies.

I like doing chocolate dipped pretzels, peanut clusters. My favorite candy is the pretzel w/ the chocolate blob and m&m on top..that my mom makes.I could (do) eat them 'til I'm sick.

And, one more...Gloria's lemon poppyseed bread. Nobody makes it as good as Gloria.

It was great getting to chat w/ ya'll over Tgiving. So nice to see your faces and hear your voices. Miss you all!!!