Thursday, March 20, 2008

The law and grace

On the support-raising front, Kristen and I are still sending out information to Churches in the area. I was able to talk with people from five different Churches this week and will be sending our portfolio to them . Not too much else to report in that area. Today is the first day of Spring and I'm looking forward to warmer weather although I feel a little slighted by the lack of snow this winter. Next winter!

So I decided to take up the 2008 Puritan Reading Challenge, and I am currently reading The True Bounds of Christian Freedom by Samuel Bolton. This isn't the book that I'm supposed to be reading this month but since I am already halfway through it I decided to switch things around a bit. I thought this passage encouraging and helpful:

The law and its application to all believers. "Lastly, under this head, let me exhort you all to judge of the law aright, and then let it be your care to maintain it. Let not Moses take the place of Christ; but, at the same time, make a right use of Moses. When works and obedience take their right place, when the law is rightly used, then it is holy, just and good. But if we use it as our life, then we trample the blood of Christ underfoot, and make His life and death in vain. Let the servant follow the Master; let Moses follow Christ; the law, grace..."

No comments: