Saturday, May 11, 2013

10 Blessings

Fridays I clean the house.  Logan helps me dust - for about 2 minutes.  Then he helps vacuum.  This lasts a little longer, usually 5 to 10 minutes - awesome!!  It takes us a while, it's usually spread out through the whole day, but at the end of the day I can say, "Whew! The house is clean!"  This past Friday night I came downstairs from putting the boys to bed and starting picking up all the toys.  I noticed some stray toys in the powder room.  When I turned to leave I noticed 10 lovely little finger prints perfectly placed on the bathroom mirror.  At first I felt frustration surging up in me and sigh of "Why do I BOTHER?!"  Then I realized these 10 precious finger prints are why I clean the house.  If for nothing more than to teach my boys; how to be responsible with all the Lord has blessed us with, the work ethic my mother taught me, to delight in a job well done, the importance of finishing a task, and many other subtle teaching points that come from the simple task of cleaning the mirror and vacuuming the floor.  If nothing else my boys keep me on my knees!  They are such a joy and delight. I pray I point them to Jesus every chance I get.
Unfortunately my picture doesn't do a very good job of capturing the hand prints, but you can kind of see them.

No comments: