Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prayer Update

Dear Praying Partners,

This Sunday in Church we were struck once again by our need to learn Russian! Jon Eide, our team leader and unofficial translator was in the States for a short support raising trip. His absence left us quite frankly in the dark during the church service! We were able to discern the passage that was being preached from and every now and then a word or two that gave us some clue as to what was being said. It was an excellent exercise in listening to say the least! Please pray that we will not grow weary in learning Russian!

Thank God for the little break-throughs that brighten our days! The other morning I asked the lady who watches the door to our apartment building how she was doing. She responded, "Sophia." I thought, wow, I've never heard anyone reply in that way! Then I realized she was telling me her name! This led to a little conversation about my name and Garrett's name and some other things that I didn't quite understand. But now I know Sophia and I can smile and say what little I know to her whenever I see her!

We've started a project to get us out and exploring our city. We are visiting every metro stop, every church and most of the parks in Kiev. (just a side note!) Today in our exploration we found a little park that commemorated Gregory Gogandze a reporter who was murdered in the late 90's because he was reporting on corruption in the government. Please pray that we will grow in our love for Kiev and her people as we explore!

Please pray for protection of the unity of our team. Pray that the devil will not be allowed to get a foothold, that we will be unified in our vision to see Christ glorified in our work here and in our lives.

Psalm 89:15-18
Blessed are the people who know the festal shout, who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face, who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted. For you are the glory of their strength; by your favor our horn is exalted. For our shield belongs to the Lord, our king to the Holy One of Israel.

In Christ,
Kristen and Garrett

1 comment:

Sharon Lucas said...

I think exploring the city is a great idea!